Sunday, October 09, 2005

NaNoWriMo

Sea-Fever

J. Masefield



I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,

And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,

And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking.


I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide

Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;

And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,

And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.


I must down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life.

To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Signed up for NaNoWriMo again, bought a second copy of the book "No Plot, No Problem" since the first in in hiding and I'm going to try to write again...a novel in a month. I have this thing about the word "gypsy" and combined with Urban, it became a business name some 15 years ago. Now, I spelled it wrong on the business letterhead and license deliberately, but that was me at the time and I was very proud.

I need to sleep....*laughs* Work, all 12 hours or more of it, comes in three hours and I'm wide awake and doing writer's exercises. Wtf is wrong with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because you're addicted?
Umm...cos you have so much internal life bubbling around that it just has to overflow onto paper??

Yeah, that sounds right. LOL

LeavesofLothian.blogspot.com said...

My internal lives are frought with sex, violence, love and angst. I am a Rock. I am an Island.

Rain?