Saturday, September 10, 2005

New Denim Bag

This linky is good and the bags there are cute and decently priced. I took a huge pair of bluejeans and made my first denim bag in years. I deliberately chose the jeans in a women's size 24 (and they were BIG 24's, it seemed) in order to get the depth and width of a messanger bag, which is what I wanted.

I found a finding, a wonderful Celtic/Greek looking two piece closure I bought to close a cloak for Ren Faire garb. Since the front dips a bit...my bottom seam, although unholy sturdy, tilts the bag just a wee bit. The clasp adds a nice decorative touch. I got wild with stamps and many colored Sharpies. Beyond that, I broke out my acrylics paints and did some paint accents. So, moon, stars, compass rose, flowers, dragonflies, flowers...and down the fly in front, all five elements of Chinese astrology. Now I've got to figure out how to get a foreign stamp to stay safely on it...

Off to do a bit more embellishment.

No comments:

Rain?