Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Amazon Fiasco

Good morning everyone! (Barely morning). I found out something intriguing and infuriating about Amazon today. If you have an "Amazon.com" Store Card, it comes from a bank in the US named Synch**** Bank. For two orders, I thought my debit card was being drafted. In July of last year and now March of this year, I find out, three months after the "bill" was supposedly mailed (yes, being an artist who has to pay taxes, I do keep all forms), they had used my Amazon.com account instead of my Debit card. I'm wondering if these were One-Click billing.

After a horrifically difficult conversation with a young Eastern Indian woman who spoke abysmal English and who assured me they'd mailed statements to me for two months in a row and her supervisor could NOT waive the attached late fee, I asked to be transferred to the home office in the US. She did not have updated info on my Amazon account and I told her "on her recorded line" as she reminded me more than once when I raised my voice (no, I was very clean in my speech...I was angry) that I suspected that this could be fraud and that it had been paid with my debit and they were trying to collect a double payment. She was definitely upset that I refused to give or confirm any further info with her and she did transfer me to this bank's main office.

There I spoke with someone else who immediately removed the late fee, we together checked and saw that indeed, Amazon had randomly popped up their store card for a One-Click purchase in spite of the fact that my Debit is set for those purchases, and I happily paid the small balance. Ridiculous. DO NOT USE ONE-CLICK BILLING IF YOU WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO GET AN AMAZON.COM STORE CREDIT CARD AT ANY TIME.

Rant over.

More art to come. I intend to start posting here again and get busy being an artist who shares with everyone...as soon as I can figure out how to watermark on this Mac. LOL...

Tons of love to all! Thanks for following my very random blog. I have vids coming for product reviews and art.

No comments:

Rain?